Tuesday, October 27, 2009

New House. New Step. New Blog. Why Not?

So it's Tuesday and the month is winding down. That means I'd better get typing, here, if I want to keep to my "2-blogs-per-month-minimum" promise! So what's new? Well, I've been enjoying the phase of being a wandering nomad for about 7 months, though this is starting to settle down some. I began in April by spending half of each week up here in PA, and the other half down in Virginia (that's about a 3-hour drive between the two locations!), I moved up here completely in June, I moved into a friend's house in the beginning of September, and finally, as of yesterday, I moved into yet another home (fortunately, I'll be staying in this one for the next 6 months). I'm really liking this place already. It's just outside the little city of Coatesville, making it a nice place for some quiet time and contemplation. I have a room to myself (which further adds to the r&r element), there's a piano, and heck, it's even 10 minutes closer to northern VA (you know, a nice little convenience for whenever I might need to make the drive south).

So we moved in yesterday (me and another staff member), got ourselves adjusted to the new surroundings, and had dinner in the spacious kitchen w/ the others on staff and some guests who are visiting at the moment. I can only guess what the next 6 months will be like, but this just seems like the perfect place to spend my winter, right there in the middle of nature. We'll see how it all turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment