Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The self-imposed obligatory list of things I am thankful for...

What day is it, today? Is it Tuesday? Why, I believe a round of thanks would be in order. Don't you? Ah, Thanksgiving. Yes, it's that time of year again, the time when the people in the diet business lift up their hands and say, "God, thank You for this season of gluttony upon which the masses are about to embark, for yea, it is profitable to us whence cometh New Years,"...something like that. Anyway, so here are some things I am thankful for this year:

1. A new season in life.

Joining staff at YWAM Coatesville was certainly a surprise. I wasn't anticipating that this would happen until the end of the year, but God knows His timing. The way everything happened was quite the story, and despite all of the challenges that come w/ this journey, it has been truly fulfilling.

2. Deeper relationships

I think I'd say that I've almost always had friends who I consider to be very close. It was sure challenging to grow and develop a lot of those relationships while drudging through so many years of uncertainty before everything finalized w/ Coatesville, though. Now that the rhythm of life has solidfied a bit more, it's been great making new friends in the area, growing closer w/ them, and watching as the older friendships seem to be taking a whole new dynamic (a good one, that is, but for brevity's sake, I shan't elaborate).

3. Clarity concerning vision and direction for the future

It's been more than 7 & 1/2 years, now, since I started getting some very specific vision regarding the direction my life should be heading. However, this is the first time I can honestly say I've committed to something for the long-term (being in the Philadelphia area for at least the next 7 years, and most likely one or two other places in the Northeast for at least the next 16 years after that). Furthermore, though my main goals have remained intact, and I've hada sense of direction in the past about the steps I should be taking to get there, this is the first time I've found the steps which work AND that I'm truly happy with. (College and career goals, but I'll have to blog about that some other time.)

Well, that's a wrap, and I'm thankful that this blog is finished:) Happy Turkey Day to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment