Thursday, December 31, 2009

First snow in Coatesville...sorta

Ok, if you're reading this, and you live anywhere in the Northeast U.S., you know that last week we got a huge pile of snow dumped over the entire region. For the record, it was my second time experiencing the outpouring of winter weather up here, but the first time doesn't really count much, not compared to this, that's for sure. So what was it like? Man, I haven't seen snow like this for nearly 14 years! It looked like there must've been a good 18 inches or so (some people in other parts of the region got somewhere around 2 ft. or more). I was in a house all by myself for most of the weekend, which made it a fun time to relax, watch movies, and just do wtvr (first time watching Knight's Tale, well worth it:o). I also enjoyed the feeling of being "trapped in". It added to the sense of adventure. Oh, and let's not forget that despite the fact that I am only 5 minutes outside the city of Coatesville, I live in a rather rural setting. I'm sure you can imagine the kind of cabin fever that came along w/ that (what's that tapping noise I hear outside?).

I was a little bummed that I didn't get to make it down to VA to see a friend of mine who was visiting from Colorado. All things considered, it was a pretty cool storm, one more thing making the experience of living here in PA something I can truly treasure. Alright, that's blog numero uno. It's December 31, and I've gotta leave for work in about a few hours. I'd better get cracking on the next one asap!

No comments:

Post a Comment